Your use of our Website is subject to these terms and conditions. You must read these Website Terms carefully before using this Website as your continued use of this Website will signify that you have accepted them.
2.Detailed description of goods and/or services
Silk by Design (Pty) Ltd is a business in the home décor & gift industry that imports & sells artificial trees, flowers, glassware, ceramic containers and other similar products. All of our products are handmade and therefore slight variations to the images on the website may occur.
3. Delivery policy
Subject to availability and receipt of payment, requests will be processed within 21 days and delivery confirmed by way of courier. A tracking number can be provided upon request once goods have been dispatched.
4. Delivery restriction
Silk by Design (Pty) Ltd reserves the right to amend delivery charges where necessary including for special delivery conditions or for international deliveries.
5. Online Express Store
Express delivery will take 2 – 3 working days, excluding outlining and regional areas. Please note that this timeline is only for Express Items. Please note that in the case that you purchase an Express item along with another arrangement/s that needs to be manufactured. You will need to allow for the normal lead times of 14-21 days to manufacture before you can receive your order. If you require your Express Item to be delivered within the 2 – 3 working days time frame you can order these items individually, which will require you to pay a delivery fee for each order.
6. Return and Refunds policy
5.1. The provision of goods and services by Silk by Design (Pty) Ltd is subject to availability. In cases of unavailability, Silk by Design (Pty) Ltd will refund the client in full within 30 days. Cancellation of orders by the client will attract a 50% administration fee.
5.2. Silk by Design (Pty) Ltd will, at its sole discretion, replace goods damaged in transit provided damages are reported to Silk by Design (Pty) Ltd within 48 hours of delivery
5.3. If the customer has received free delivery, when purchasing their goods and decides to return the goods with the 30 day period. The delivery cost will be deducted from the customer’s refund.
5.4. If a customer purchases and wants to return their purchase. They will be charged a 15% handling fee and a return delivery fee.
5.5. There are no returns on made to order and customised items.
Silk by Design (Pty) Ltd shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users. For the purpose of this clause, “personal
information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from:
8. Payment options accepted
Payment may be made via Visa, MasterCard, Diners or American Express Cards or by bank transfer into the Silk by Design (Pty) Ltd bank account, the details of which will be provided on request.
9. Card acquiring and security
Card transactions will be acquired for Silk by Design (Pty) Ltd via PayGate (Pty) Ltd who are the approved payment gateway for all South African Acquiring Banks. PayGate uses the strictest form of encryption, namely Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3) and no Card details are stored on the website. Users may go to www.paygate.co.za to view their security certificate and security policy.
10. Customer details separate from card details
Customer details will be stored by Silk by Design (Pty) Ltd separately from card details which are entered by the client on PayGate’s secure site. For more detail on PayGate refer to www.paygate.co.za.
11. Merchant Outlet country and transaction currency
The merchant outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the cardholder is South Africa. Transaction currency is
South African Rand (ZAR).
Silk by Design (Pty) Ltd takes responsibility for all aspects relating to the transaction including sale of goods and services sold on this website, customer service and support, dispute resolution and delivery of goods.
13. Customer Account
The responsibility is on the customer to ensure that they have signed up for the correct account before purchasing on the Silk by Design website. Their account title should be in accordance with their purchase level, for eg. Trade/ Buyers Club.
14. Country of domicile
This website is governed by the laws of South Africa and Silk by Design chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature, 24 Columbine Place, Glen Anil, Durban. Silk by Design (Pty) Ltd may, in its sole discretion, change this agreement or any part thereof at any time without notice.
15. Company information
This website is run by Silk by Design (Pty) Ltd based in South Africa trading as Silk by Design and with registration number 1967/012765/07 Directors Susan McNair, Scott McNair & Alistair McNair
16. Silk by Design contact details
Company Physical Address: 24 Columbine Place, Glen Anil, Durban, South Africa
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: +27 31 569 1446
17. Competition time! Hanging Plant Competition April 2021, the following terms and conditions apply:
- This competition is conducted in accordance with the provisions of Section 54 (1) of the Lotteries Amendment Act (46 of 2001).
- This competition is only opened to the Instagram community.
- The competition is not open to employees, agencies, prize sponsors or contractors of Silk by Design or any person directly or indirectly involved in the organization or running of the competition, or their immediate family members.
- The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered.
- The prize is not transferable, cannot be deferred or exchanged for cash and is not negotiable. Winners use and accepts the prize at their own risk. Silk by Design (and/or their respective agencies) cannot be held responsible for any accident, injury, or loss of property experienced as a result of winning, accepting and/or utilizing the prize won.
- Entries to this competition will be opened on the 12th April and close on the 22nd April 2020.
- Silk by Design will contact the winner via Instagram direct message.
- The prize will be sent to the address given to Silk by Design by the winner. The delivery of the prize can take up to 6 weeks.
- By entering the competition, entrants agree to adhere to competition rules and regulations, details of which entrants declare themselves conversant with.
- Any violation or attempt to violate any of the above rules will result in the immediate disqualification of the transgressor.
- Silk by Design reserve the right to cancel the competition at any time, if deemed necessary in their opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of their control and shall not be liable in anyway whatsoever to entrants in such event for any cause or action whatsoever.
- Winners may be required to have their details disclosed and appear on the Internet.
- Silk by Design reserves the right to alter rules or prizes at their own discretion. Such altered rules and prizes shall become effective immediately after being altered or on such date as may be determined by Silk by Design.
- No entrant shall have any recourse against Silk by Design as a result of the alterations of the rules or prizes.
18. These Terms and Conditions apply to all promotions:
- To redeem a discount or promotion, customers must follow the instructions that is publicized on the Silk By Design Website, Facebook Page or Newsletter.
- We will not discount any orders that are out of the date stipulated on the brief released from Silk By Design.
- The clearance section packaging on some items may be damaged or appear soiled or dirty.
- No exchanges or returns will be processed for discounted items.
- Order processing can take up to 7-14 working days depending on the products ordered.
- All purchases are “first come, first serve”, there is no guarantee of a successful purchase of products in your cart if another customer has completed checkout of limited stock products first.